The World Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention takes place in Spokane, Washington on August 19-23, 2015. Known as Sasquan, it will attract over 5,000 Science Fiction and Fantasy fans from all over the world. Among their ranks will be hundreds, if not thousands, of Discworld enthusiasts. The organizers of this convention would like to invite all of you to be a part of the Great Discworld Fan Gathering at Sasquan.
Register for Sasquan.
Sasquan takes place in Spokane, Washington, a gorgeous area in the Pacific Northwest. It is on the west coast of the United States, about 4 hours' drive from Seattle, WA. For more information about this convention, please visit sasquan.org/
Spokane is a great city with an international airport. There is lots to see and do for individuals and families. For more information about Spokane, WA, please visit www.visitspokane.com/
Guilds Various North American Discworld Guilds have been invited to organize and host DW fan meets at Sasquan and these include:
* The Seamstress Guild (famous for its parties, it has many decorators, costumers and performers among its members),
* the Alchemists (our science minds),
* the Cunning Artificers (arts & crafts),
* Discworld Musicians and Singers (for filking and other fun),
* Engravers & Printers (our writers and editors),
* the Dark Clerks (folks who like to organize both paper and people behind the scenes),
* our fabulous Bakers (lovers of food and drink who may be leading some of our pub crawls),
* the Witches & Wizards (cunning women and men who love history, myth, and folklore),
* various DW Family Groups,
* Ze Black Ribboners (DW folks in recovery), and more.
Reservations of several hotels (with varying and reasonable rates) all serving this Worldcon. Sasquan writes that, "The Grand is still under construction, but will be open in June. It is part of the Davenport Collection, which is now branded as Marriott. It will be attached to the Spokane Convention Center (SCC) across the street via a skybridge on the southwest side. The INB Theater is the closest space in the SCC, where the Masquerade and Hugos will be held."
If you make reservations, please use the housing bureau software system: www.visitspokane.com/sasquan
To follow Sasquan on Facebook, please like their FB page: www.facebook.com/sasquan
To purchase your membership to this event, please visit Sasquan's registration page: sasquan.swoc.us/sasquan/reg.php
Please note: This is a family-friendly event and there will be a track for young people. Why not bring the kids?
It's going to be a well-organized convention and one heck of a party. We hope to see you there.